- What’s the name of the person in the picture? Jammie The Gentle Clown
- Who is he/she? She celebrates every age with face painting, storytelling, puppets, magic and music.
- How did you meet? I was leaving the CT Folk Festival and saw a woman wearing a polkadot dress with a polkadot umbrella and I knew I needed to take her picture. She was fiddling with something in her car when I said hello from a little bit away so as not to scare her. To my surprise, it was a clown!
- What did you talk about? She has a son whom also takes lots of pictures (I took a bunch of her).
- New photography technique? I tried a very shallow depth of field from far away but it was too shallow from that range and the image was not used (aka deleted).
- Your approach style… I love 3/4 and head shots. Always the most intriguing.
- An observation… On a cloudy day under an umbrella, there is not a lot of light.
This picture is #005 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers Flickr Group page
The challenge: Take at least 100 photographs of 100 people you don’t know. Approach anyone or a group of people, ask for permission to both take a photo of them and to post it to this group. You must get to know your stranger/s not just snap a picture and run along. Who are they? What is their life like?